Category Archives: Artwalk
Like a moth to a flame I was drawn by fate to find this. I love ANYTHING wood even good old fashioned forest and tree’s. Living in Southern California where it is very dry and most nature is planned landscaping, I have a genuine appreciation for natural habitat.
BACK TO THE WOOD, so I was looking for new and fun things to do and found the Sawdust Art festival. I love the craftsmanship that goes into anything made of wood and I really look forward to making it out to this sometime soon.
Sawdust Art Festival
Sawdust Art Festival’s 47th Annual Summer Show
June 28 – September 1, 2013, open 10-10 daily
The Sawdust will feature the fine art and craft of over 200 Laguna Beach artists and is sure to be the highlight of your summer adventures.
Art enthusiasts, collectors, and novice artists have come to the Sawdust since the beginning in 1966 for our mix of fine art and craft. Media include hand-blown and fused glass, painting, jewelry, surf art, ceramics, clothing and textiles, wood and metal sculpture, scrimshaw, photography, and so much more.
Artists are eager to share their creative process with you so please feel free to ask the exhibitors questions, take an art workshop, and enjoy our live art demonstrations. Have fun!!
This year the Pasadena Chalk Festival is on June 15-16. I’m excited to say my husband will be participating this year!! I was completely astonished by the quality and talent from last year’s festival and I can’t wait to see what the new year brings!! pasadenachalkfestival.com
I just wanted to share a few pictures from the event since I was able to attend. My husband Edwin, aka, “Art by Redoe”, and our good friends Hippie and Shell, all shared a booth showing their art. Check it out!
Custom painted shoes Artist: “Art by Redoe”
Artist: Hippie One
Artist: Art by Redoe (Skateboard)
Artist: “Art by Redoe”
Here we all are…well not me, I’m behind the camera, BUT all talents combined, we all had a great time!!
Cal. State San Bernardino (CSUSB) will be hosting its inaugural Arts and Music Festival on Friday May 17, 2013 from 4-9 p.m. Admission is 100% free.
Attendees can expect to experience a day of fun, including:
- 3rd Annual CSUSB Jazz Fest, featuring our own CSUSB Jazz Ensemble, along with Poncho Sanchez, the Latin Society, Mongorama, free workshops and more
- Art Walk, featuring top local and regional artists (see attached Call for Entries and note upcoming deadline of April 19)
- Art Demos, including glass blowing, ceramic wheel throwing, blacksmithing/forging and open studios
- Arts Connection will host an information lounge and reception in conjunction with RAFFMA
- Bohemian Fest, featuring henna artists, a drum circle, vintage clothing vendors, nail art and screen-printing
- Children’s Art Activities hosted by RAFFMA
- Food Trucks with tasty delights to enjoy while you experience the Arts & Music Festival
- Pfau Library Chalk Walk and Book Sale, pick up some books and view/create sidewalk chalk art
- RAFFMA presents Chicano Muralists in Southern California, 1968-1985. Also on display A walk through Temeeku: A look into the past and present of the Luise?o people. Docent-led tours of the Treasures of Ancient Egypt exhibition.
- Underground Music Society presents “Best of Bands,” featuring the best Ska, Reggae, Rock Alternative and Indie bands of the Inland Empire
Gallery of Progressive Arts is always on the cutting edge displaying the hottest local artists and having a new artist opening show every first Thursday of the month during the Riverside Artwalk. The gallery also has lots of goodies to buy like prints, clothes, jewelry, and many other things that were made by local artists.
Located at 3595 University Ave, Riverside, CA Suite A (upstairs)
Please call before visiting if not during the Artwalk to make sure the gallery is open for viewing. I know they are always working on the next project and at times close the gallery to hang new work.